The Australian Government mobile service centre truck will visit Collie this month to help provide access to essential government services.
The truck, known as Desert Rose, will be set up in the PCYC carpark on Forrest Street from 9am until 3pm on Thursday, July 19.
The truck will allow visitors to get help with a wide range of government services, including lodging Centrelink claims, Medicare registrations, providing access to online services and offering free hearing checks on board.
A social worker from the Department of Human Services who can assist with offering short-term counselling and referrals to support services will also be available.
The truck will also visit a range of other South West towns, including Donnybrook, Manjimup and Capel over the next week.
Mobile service centre stops:
- Manjimup on Wednesday 11 July, from 9 am to 4pm, at the Manjimup Resource Centre car park
- Bridgetown on Thursday 12 July, from 9 am to 4 pm, at the Railway Station car park
- Nannup on Friday 13 July, from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm , opposite the Shire Office
- Capel on Monday 16 July, from 9 am to 4 pm, near Capel Park
- Donnybrook on Tuesday 17 July, from 9am to 4 pm, near the Community Resource Centre
- Boyup Brook on Wednesday 18 July, from 9.30 am to 4 pm, in front of the Shire Administration Building
- Collie on Thursday 19 July, from 9 am to 3 pm, in the PCYC car park