Western Australia has been given the all-clear for the deadly coronavirus but public schools will take extra precautions to keep students safe.
The state government on Tuesday confirmed four adult patients who were being closely monitored had tested negative to the virus.
There are no further suspected cases.
The government has nonetheless opted to follow the lead of NSW and ask parents to keep their children back from school if they have recently travelled to China.
The request applies to children who have travelled to China in the past 14 days - the incubation period of the virus - as of Monday when WA's public schools return.
"I stress that we stand by the medical advice which is being provided both by the Commonwealth and the state government and that remains unchanged," Health Minister Roger Cook told reporters.
"But we think this extra precaution is probably a good way to go, prior to the school year."
Several of WA's private schools had already advised parents to quarantine their children if they have recently visited affected areas in China.
"We noted the announcement made by NSW," Education Minister Sue Ellery said.
"Given the fact that our schools have still got another week before they resume ... (it is) in the best interest of providing a greater sense of comfort and also giving parents some time to make arrangements if that's what they needed to do."
Australian Associated Press