Collie Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, St John Ambulance, and Police personnel responded to a house fire on Telfer Crescent, near Atkinson Street, last week.
A 000 call came in from a neighbouring residence, at 6.58pm on Thursday, June 13.
Firefighters battled the blaze, while ambulance officers treated people at the scene. One person was rushed to hospital for smoke inhalation.
The fire was brought under control at 7.55pm before being extinguished later that evening.
Caused by a cigarette, the blaze was deemed accidental. The estimated damage bill is still unknown.
Collie Volunteer Fire and Rescue Service captain Shane Hickson praised all those who helped to contain the situation.
"The volunteers did an amazing job," he said.
"They limited the damage to the property, whilst saving the neighbouring houses. They also managed to save some of the occupants' personal belongings.
"We train regularly and we're all experienced with this sort of thing. We're on call 24/7."
Mr Hickson urged residents to take proper precautions during winter.